Welcome to my author website.
I mostly write speculative fiction, particularly in the superhero or neo-pulp genres, but I also turn my author’s hand to literary and mainstream short stories. Writing is a big part of my life, and one that I really enjoy. As well as writing fiction I’ve also been a freelance columnist for The Age newspaper and the editor and publisher for This Mutant Life, a ‘zine for superhero fiction.
I’m from Portland, Victoria, and when I’m not writing, I teach English and literature at the local high school, grow three children who are my favourite heroes-in-training, and enjoy reading. You’ll be able to take a look at my book reviews later on.
Have fun looking around the website, and take time to read some of my work which can be read or downloaded directly from this site.
You can contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (there’s a quick link at the bottom of the sidebar to your right)
- The Miranda Contract, to be published 2013
- The Scoundrel’s Wife, first published in This Mutant Life (available here)
- Tribe, first published in Patented DNA (Pill Hill Press) (available here)
- On A Warm Summer’s Evening, first published in A Thousand Faces
- Forget, to Live, first published in Everyday Fiction, and later in The Best of Everyday Fiction (available here)
- Sunday Delivery, first published in Poor Mojo’s Almanac(k) (available here)
List of Editorial Work:
- This Mutant Life (Editor 2013-)
- This Mutant Life (Editor 2010-2011)
- First Class, written under the pen-name Jack Collacott (The Age, January-December 2003)